Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Card-hen
View Single Post
Old 2018-04-08, 13:29   Link #277
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Meiling is coming back! Quick, how so we make her memorable?

Add cat ears and tail!

YES!

Seriously now, that was actually a better episode than I expected it to be, with Meiling bringing cheerfulness and fun to a supporting cast that desperatly needs it (minus Tomoyo and Kero, of course, they've always been awesome), and even when she acts all polite it works because that's not her usual self. I've been thinking lately about why Meiling is so beloved despite carrying the anime original label, which is often despised, or at best seen with aphatetic disdain, and a good part of the reason might be due to her fitting perfectly along the supportive Tomoyo and the cheerful yet often shy Sakura; she doesn't come off as an extra put in there to cover some space on the screen, but rather, one more member of the crew. Of course, there's much more to consider, like the shoujo-esque nature of the story making it very easy to add a doomed rival type character, and her debut came before anime, and some of its nastiest bits, really exploded thanks to the internet, but I don't want to make this (more of) a speech.

Back to the episode, thanks for letting us know Momo is familiar with that OP, I guess, and the scene with Akiho really makes you think about what exactly is going on and the origin of the new cards. Could it be this is just one fairy tale being brought to life? Kinda hope not, because that would make this entire series just a really long version of the Create card episode.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote