View Single Post
Old 2011-09-01, 18:52   Link #1117
cyth
Banned

I wish the anime had received two seasons, because such an awesome plot needed more episodes. And I'm a bit disappointed with the level of discussion in the last few pages; I'm really sorry I missed the debate, but maybe it was for the better.

At first I too thought that the main goal of the series was to criticize the central banking system, but the "invisible hand" that saved the day in the end changed my mind. What was in focus was actually futures trading, and future was C's main theme. It spoke to me about Japan's massive public debt (although financed at low interest rates) that's going to bury the future of younger generations, and the whole anti-youth atmosphere in Japan, where seniors rule over familial, political, and corporate matters with sheer numbers. What Kimimaro did was basically buy back the future that was being spent on the present state. The Rotary Press and Mikuni trying to keep his brain-dead sister alive is the perfect metaphor for this.

The OST is simply brilliant, and I'm sad the animation department wasn't up to its level. "Bondage head" is an awesome track. Does anyone have a clue as to what the male shout squad is repeating in the background?

BTW, I laughed my ass off when I heard Japan was the first country in the world to trade with futures contracts in an organized manner.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote