View Single Post
Old 2011-09-13, 22:48   Link #57
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
What reasons are there in favour of Jimbei joining>?
Exactly, other being a cool, kick ass character, there really isn't any story element to suggest him joining the crew compare to say Vivi or Hankcock or even Shirahoshi to this point....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In that case, I absolutely agree with you. Indeed, Jimbei does have an abundance of knowledge/experience, the likes of which the strawhats have yet to achieve. He's considerably ahead of them in that department, so "mentor" is an appropriate title in that aspect. But even so, I don't think this advantage limits his chances of joining very much. Brooke, to a lesser extent, was also in the same shoes as Jimbei, in that he already had a previous career as a pirate and yet he still joined the crew.
Yes but Brook's crewmate were all dead and he was pretty much out of commission for 50 years so he is not as experienced as you makes him out to be. Also, with Hody out of picture (soon) there have to be a stable force to keep people form Fishmen District in place and I just don't see Hachi as that guy. But as I say, for someone who didn't join WB back then despise his immense admiration, what makes anyone think he'll join SH and defer himself to Luffy as an underling?