View Single Post
Old 2006-06-05, 03:23   Link #80
Nameless

I agree with Demongod, and guys, you haven't seen the end of Gundam Seed.

Remember they are planning a third season and some movies even, I heard.

Did any of you watch Gundam Wing? That had some invincible heros too but they eventually died.

You need great heros to defeat great foes, and I'm getting sick of the cliche "uber extremely powerful villain that you manage to defeat by LUCK not skill and he manages to kill three girls you loved, your mother, your father, your best friend, half of your country's army and 30% of Earth's population". It's just been EXTREMELY depressing in the anime universe, and I'm refreshed that people like Kira/Lacus exist. They're so PERFECT TOGETHER as a team/couple that their ideals and skills compliment each other.

Also, in this particular universe, it's not far fetched for Lacus to have as much an influence as she does. For one: She's not just beautiful, she's a beautiful singer too. She's touched people's hearts with her songs. Now sure, one might say in TODAY's day and age/media, it wouldn't be possible for a singer to accomplish that, but to that I ask you, how is media in today's world anyway?

I stopped listening to modern music. You know why? Most of the singers/entertainers in today's media disgust me. If we actually HAD a singer like Lacus in our reality, it might not be that far fetched that she'd have political influence. Look at 50 Cent. He's a lot more than just a rapper. Sure, rap music sucks right now and so does 50 CEnt's, but that doesn't change how powerful his influence is. In New York he's untouchable, a lot of people want him dead that can't kill him, he makes over 60 million dollars a year AFTER taxes/deductions. He's 100% real, you can even meet him if you want.

The only difference is 50 Cent is 26/27 and Lacus was 16 when this all happened, but in the Gundam Seed universe a LOT of things happen 10 years in advance to what happens in our universe.

For one, a lot of 15-18 year olds in Gundam Seed are the most skilled pilots of Gundams. There are also young captains, young fighters, young politicians.

What I ask you- OP- Is this... Is today's policy actually working? Sure most of our politicians are old, experienced, aged, not talented, not singers, not good looking, but then I ask you... Are today's politicians even GOOD? Bush is US president and he's BLOWING right now. A lot of our soldiers are across the seas dying, for OIL and WAL MART, he has a 30% support percentage in the US.

Maybe young politicians isn't so unbelievable after all. Especially when you factor that with age comes a lot of other things other than experience- Worn out body, worn out senses, loss of brain cells, lost reaction time/reflexes, power trip.

I'm with the believers, and it's not because I like Lacus. I think Lacus/Kira are great together, but my harem girl in this anime is Lunamaria and my favorite character is Athrun, not Kira.

I think Kira/Lacus are believable because they're what's needed to fight the foes they face. And I don't think they're invincible either, I just think Destiny was "their" time. When the next GS series comes out, you'll see that your heros aren't in fact invincible at all.
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote