View Single Post
Old 2010-10-03, 19:33   Link #26
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Azunyan and Yui tied for the first with 28 votes ea, while Mio ranks second with 27 votes.

I am obviously for Azunyan. She's the cutest character in the entire series, nuff said. Tsundere + Loli + Catgirl = moe overload, plus she's kind of pretty when she lets her hair down - kokeshii. What actually adds to her cuteness is her pessimistic interpretation of every of her band members, and her motor mouth which made her say all sorts of wrong things at the wrong time.

Mugi comes second. I am kind of appalled by her closet lesbian tendencies and dirty mind. Of course, that is Mugivision™ for you. Though I don't really like her character being bowdlerised in the anime - I was wishing for the amusement when the other girls get freaked out by her turning on while watching them get intimate. Dammit, where is my Act 2 Scene 5 from R&J?

Mio and Ritsu rank third on my list. The yuri-osanajimi-manzai/semeuke couple and their funny antics are rather cute. Mio tied with Ritsu because of her boobs and stripes, while the latter's energy really rubs off me positively.

Ui is kind of an interesting character design. She is portrayed as a yamato nadeshiko (a severely endangered breed of females) and as a siscon. What is the most unique part is that her character was not originally designed to radiate the disturbing yandere vibes, yet it somehow was perceived as so by the fans. Especially the way that she is usually seen with a kitchen knife or similar cutlery in her hands.

Sawako's character is one-of-a-kind. Rarely do you see music teachers with a metalhead rocker background, and she pulls her disguise off so perfectly with the glasses and the demure expressions most of the time.

Nodoka and Yui act as perfect foils for each other, with Nodoka being the highty-tighty super responsible seitokai, while Yui being the completely useless airhead-genius. They need each other - with Nodoka paying special attention to the less-able students in the school to make her shine, while Yui (and the irresponsible President of the keionbu who is too busy with her lover) make her look extremely responsible and meticulous for her role as head of the student council.

Jun's role may be small, but she is nonetheless an important character in Azunyan's development, and the latter's upgrade from kuudere to tsundere, as well as leading to Azunyan's admissions of having weird ideas (Aren't waitresses supposed to wear cat ears?, naming Jun's cat Azunyan #2, etc). Her constant teasing Azunyan while Ui is trying to play nice is humourous at times - it is just like a puppy poking a cat who is trying to take a nap. Subsequently she helps to expose Azunyan's greatest fears - loneliness and rejection, beneath all that tsuntsun exterior.

The ex-seitokai, Megumi Sogabe is one of the funniest characters in the series. Beneath that super-responsible and respectable exterior, she is actually abusing her authority and power to create the Mio fanclub, and even to the extent of stalking the latter to update fanclub news! Though whether if she is under the influence of Mugivision™ is not known.

Noteworthy recurring Classmates

Himeko is an interesting extra as the girl who sits beside the biggest idiot in the entire series, and probably under the auspices of Mugivision™, she started to have feelings for the latter. She somehow sets an example as one of the few students in school who can work part time, take part in school activities and graduate without problems, yet is still able to mix well with her classmates. Plus, she is the other bishoujo in 3-2, with another being Mio herself.

Another of the two interesting classmates are Satou Akane and Taki Eri, the two volleyballing coke addicts. If cake and tea are synonymous to drugs and alcohol, then coke would be considered alternative drugs/steroids (coke does have high sugar content to provide for energy anyway ). Akane was clean until Eri introduced her to coke, which supposedly got her addicted too (talk about bad friends ). Another thing is that Akane-Eri are rather similar to Mio-Ritsu, both pairing a quiet and reserved one to a energetic and noisy other.

Takahashi Fuuko (the meganekko who made the farewell card for Sawako) is your typical, quiet girl who radiates an unexpected amount of moe in episode 24. Usually seen reading, she got her hair trimmed to neck level and bundled up(probably an art so as to distinguish between her and Mio, since both of them have hime-cuts). Her most hilarious and defining scene as a complete glasses-girl was her definition of the keionbu as "interesting" (much to the shock of the club musicians) - using formal vocabulary at the wrong time.

Not much from the other classmates that attract attention though. This part could certainly use a little touch-up in the movie.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.