Thread: Licensed Transformers: Prime
View Single Post
Old 2010-12-10, 01:05   Link #46
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Gotta say, I was questionable about Steven Blum as Starscream. He's a great VA, but G1 Starscream is one of the iconic voices of all time. But he does a great job of taking the differences between this Starscream and G1 Starscream and finding his own niche. I loved the "Clean that up!" line, because it so succinctly encapsulates the character, but I think his best scene was when he was berated by Megatron for acting on his own, because that exchange could have been taken word for word from a G1 episode without skipping a beat, yet worked just as well in the new setting. Ahhh... It's so good to have some semblance of the real Starscream back...

Speaking of back and not missing a beat, I just about cried hearing voice acting god Frank Welker voice Megatron again. The most glaring error in the live-action movies was the stunt casting of Hugo "Agent Smith" Weaving in a role where he sounds nothing like himself or the original role. No one growls the R's in "Starscream" quite like Welker as Megatron, and if those two are going to have something resembling their G1 dynamic, that's an absolute damn necessity.

And speaking of stunt casting...
Spoiler for big spoiler: