View Single Post
Old 2010-07-23, 11:33   Link #70
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
But doesn't that logic (that is, great feat unknown to history) basically let anyone become a Heroic Spirit? Unless their life was documented in its entirety, anyone could have done something great that we don't know about. Just seems like a stretch to me.

Seems to me like they just wanted to troll everyone. Make someone who you'd never expect, and with good reason. Same with Rider.
Well, it seems that you still have to be famous, just that you don't necessarily have to be famous for what you're famous for.

... That came out wrong.

The gist of it is that Angra Mainyu is famous, but the actual event that qualified him to become a heroic spirit isn't part of his legend. So epic spirits must be famous, and must have done some defining thing to qualify them, but the thing they did doesn't always have to be why they're famous. For most heroes, it is, but not all the legends are accurate.

Maybe. I'm just guessing myself, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flinch View Post
Additionally, Nero did nothing but be beyond insane.
Well, there are some historians who think he might have actually been a more popular emperor than modern thought gives him credit for, but basically yeah. Hence my above theory: He's famous for being crazy, but did something to give him that extra bump to 'epic' and earn invitation to become a Heroic Spirit that didn't make it into his story.

Quote:
Wait, Drake, as in the privateer for Elizabeth Sir Francis Drake? If so, does (s)he pull out a boat?
Well I guess that counts as Riding , but it seems a fairly limited Noble Phantasm. How many battles are going to be taking place near a large enough body of water? Maybe the boat can fly or hover? With cannons and all, that would basically make his/her Noble Phantasm an all-terrain mobile fortress, which would be useful.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote