View Single Post
Old 2010-02-21, 21:14   Link #180
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I think her reactions to Chiaki helping out were based on a growing sense of self-worth and professional development.
I agree there's something about that, but I don't think that's the main reason. I mean, isn't people overlooking what Nodame herself said? She described herself as a turtle and Chiaki as a rabbit and all that... so, her reaction seems more about her inferiority complex (which is a known issue of hers) than any professional ethics.

It's funny how Nodame doesn't know the extent of her own talent. She thinks she's slow to understand things while Chiaki (and Rui) seems to do it naturally. But she's wrong. While Chiaki and Rui are extremely gifted musicians, Nodame is a prodigy. She isn't at the level just because she lost many years of practice during her childhood. That's why Nodame is such an interesting character. She struggles to catch up to Chiaki, believing herself just a student, a nobody. She doesn't realize that if she was just a student, then catching up to the likes of Chiaki and Rui would be more than impossible. She's as clueless about herself as she is about Auclair...

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2010-02-21 at 23:01.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote