View Single Post
Old 2011-11-21, 05:58   Link #25800
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
But thanks for responding like an asshole and insulting my viewpoint and my intelligence. That's totally appreciated.
You're welcome. Now you know what it feels like. Turnabout of this minor amount is fair play after the months and months of vitriolic spew we had to endure from you. That's totally appreciated for it's brown offal like quality too. And that's not just me speaking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
The point I'm making is we know nothing about Rokkenjima Prime whatsoever; this is inarguable, and considering Bernkastel's personality, viewpoints, tactics, and what she seems to embody, it's entirely possible that her depictions of Rokkenjima are more accurate than any other Gameboard.

We just don't know for sure, so we can't discount the things her gameboards say wholemeal.
Can you please say what you mean without resorting to hyperbole? I mean, do you seriously believe we know NOTHING" about Rokkenjima Prime at all? I mean... not even stuff about Eva surviving and Battler-Tooya? Is this absolutely in-arguable? I mean, here I am, arguing that we do know something about Rokkenjima Prime, are you going to strike me down as I speak?

No, I think we know quite a few more things about Rokkenjima Prime now. Your attitude smacks of the same EP2 "OMFG it's magic, it's all useless" attitude. Which I know you don't really have. So please, just tell us what you mean and stop this swearing and arguing in extremes.

Here, let's talk about something actually worthwhile. If you want to resort to saying everything is useless, go somewhere else. And like I said, if you want to question Ryukishi's authorial skills, please talk about it somewhere else.

---

Here's something I thought of while I was considering the argument from the others. Remember how we had these strange reds?

You are incompetent[!]
hi-hhihihhihihihihihihihihihihi[!!]

Renall, and probably others here have remarked how "You are incompetent" can't really be a red because it's not The Truth (tm). It's an opinion, which is, I think, on the same level as saying something like "Vanilla is the best ice cream flavor."

We've said red must be contexted to have any value; we've also noticed some reds have a general context ("No person would mistake Ushiromiya Kinzo by sight.") or an episode specific context. ("All of the master keys were under Rosa's control!")

So, I what I read from most people's arguments is that one more aspect needs to be taken into account: The point of view. It would explain these strange red texts. Well, the first one at least. Maybe the second.

Reasoning below:

Spoiler for Long winded reasoning. There's a reason why Renall had to summarize my posts before...:

Last edited by Kylon99; 2011-11-21 at 06:08.
Kylon99 is offline   Reply With Quote