View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 15:51   Link #1
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Summer 2012 General Impressions Thread: Post Your Opinion and Grade...

Well to quote a certain individual:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
...once again I summon the denizens of Animesuki to share their initial thoughts and impressions on this season and to update them if anything interesting changes.

Initially, I had planned to create an initial and final impressions thread for each season, but they got mixed up last time. So whatever, anything regarding any show that is airing this season can be discussed and updated; when the time comes you can update with your final thoughts as well.

The intention of the thread is mostly to discuss what's hot and new, but any thoughts on carryovers from previous seasons may be brought up, but do make sure you are talking about the most recent episodes (don't come here to rant about fillers in a long ongoing series from last year, for example).

Because it is still early, it may be a good idea to express grades in terms of keep/drop/stall if you're unwilling to give a rating at this point, or something like that. I'm more interested in which new shows are your priorities.

Previous formats went something like this, but obviously you are free to express your thoughts however you want; Your rating can be in terms of letter grades, numerical ratings, facepalms, etc. Or maybe you don't believe in grades.

Name of Series:
Episodes Watched:
Rating:
Comments:
Status (Keep/drop/stall):

Also, I would ask that any specifics be kept in spoiler tags, please.

Nobody will arrest you for violating any formats or anything so post whatever thoughts and try not to comment on other people too much.

Well, since I finally finished watching all the shows I was curious about (although with the exception of Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebi Sugawa Koukou Tenmonbu), so I figured it I may as well start out with my own grading.

BTW these are in no particular order here....

A List (seriously interested in and actively following):

- Hyouka (carryover)
- Natsuyuki Rendezvous [such a beautiful series that is both reserved and almost elegant in a quiet sort of way]
- Joshiraku [prolly the series I was most curious about before the season began - it has delivered for me in a big way]

B List (interested in and following):

- Accel World (carryover)
- Tari Tari [a good and "breezy" series that is well done]
- Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita [very enjoyable series that is a little ... umm ... out of the ordinary, though in an effective and thought provoking way without being offensive or pretentious - very near to being on the A List]
- Kingdom [unexpectedly enjoying this one, although the cgi annoys me at times]
- Moyashimon Returns [prolly my biggest surprise of the season - I had not watched season 1 and had no idea what to expect]
- Dog Days Dash [I really enjoyed season 1 and season 2 is more of the same]
- Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate [was really looking forward to this one, and it has delivered in a quiet and maybe even ... subdued, in a good way?]
- Kokoro Connect [did not quite know what to expect of this one, but thus far has been pretty good]
- Sword Art Online [another solid series like Accel World]

C List (mildly interested in and following):

- Rinne no Lagrange S2 [more of the same from season 1 - enjoyable but ... oh well]
- Chitose Get You! [cute and not as risque as I thought they would try to be]
- Furusato Saisei Nippon no Mukashibanashi (carryover)
- Shirokuma Cafe (carryover)
- Uchuu Kyodai (carryover)
- Yurumates 3Dei+ (carryover ... of sorts)

Still on trial watch list: Kono Naka ni Hitori Imouta ga Iru

Tried out and not interested: Yuri Yuri 2, Utakoi, Hagure Yuusha no Estetica, Muv Luv Alternative - Total Eclipse [too scary! ], Campione, La storia della Arcana Famiglia, Binbougama-ga

Curious to try out: Ebiten: Kouritsu Ebi Sugawa Koukou Tenmonbu

Older series still being subbed: Hyouge Mono, Showa Monogatari