Thread: Tsundere
View Single Post
Old 2006-07-17, 15:28   Link #28
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet
Oh, and for the record. For some reason, I see a pattern emerging here. Here I am on the AnimeSuki forum, talking about my experiences and voicing my opinions on various anime. Sometimes I even venture to criticise several series that I consider to be sub-standard. And this is not the first time that dear Mentar comes rushing to flame me for it. Strawberry Panic, Fate/Stay Night, now this... Every time it's the same profile.
But why are you repeatedly voicing your negative opinion over and over? It's one thing to say, "I think anime x is heavily cliched and complete crap. Here's why:..." once then leave. You're expressing your opinion on it, and that's fine.

However, you seem to take every opportunity to do so, then repeatedly beat that opinion down people's throats. Why go out of your way to do so? Why not just avoid discussions for series and topics you don't like? There's a fine line between expressing an unpopular opinion about something and trolling.

Further, you're speaking out of ignorance. As Mentar pointed out, none of the series you mentioned as bishoujo-game based actually are. In essence, you're criticizing and entire genre that you obviously aren't familiar with if you don't even know which series beong to it. Instead of saying it's all crap before you've seen any, why not try watching a series or two first, then forming an opinion? Better yet, don't say anything about the genre itself and criticize individual series in it for any flaws they might have. Oh, and note that criticize doesn't mean bash at every opportunity.