View Single Post
Old 2006-08-13, 15:23   Link #11
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So... my "Negima Alternative" joke has become reality..... edit --- but wait, that PLOT SYNOPSIS that monir posted is just from the first season description. Have we got a plot synopsis for the upcoming series yet? (nothing on ANN, trying to decipher anything on the website now)

edit2: well... the website is a lot of armwaving.. but it does sound like they're starting from scratch. Cross my fingers and call that a good thing.

For some reason, Asuna losing her eye colors really disappoints me, it was a major feature of her looks.
Chach is going to be a lot more robotic looking (at least at first) --- wonder if they're going to pull in the idea of her taking on more human looks as the series progresses as her maintainer tinkers...
Zazie looks a lot more exotic/alien - which I find good. Mana and Kaede are looking okay.
Evangeline is giving me a "Becky and Hazuki's evil twin sister" feel (heh).
... otherwise, allowing for the "SHAFT/TMP/PPD" art style, I'm thinking most of the girls are looking pretty good. It'll really depend on how the actual animation looks compared to these model templates.

Hopefully, the "second tier girls" (like Mana/Kaede, etc) will get more airtime this round.... I'd like to see more of the Yue/Nodoka/Negi triangle antics but it still isn't clear whether romance is going to be muted in favor of action yet.

Has one of our seiyuu stalkers sat down and compared the original VA list to the new one? What changes are there?

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-13 at 15:47.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote