View Single Post
Old 2013-05-15, 11:02   Link #293
XLNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
I think it depends how they execute it. I am sure that they wanted to get to this arch because otherwise it would have been another whole season of girl of the week which wasn't bad but they might want to try to get to the actual story in order to get more viewers. I do agree that they can totally mess this up and make no sense, but I am going to trust them for now since we have no real information.

I will be somewhat annoying though if they move all of the goddesses into girls already introduced in the anime, that would totally ruin it for me at least.
The decision to skip the arcs prior to Goddess Arc is pretty much disappointing to me, that I just couldn't care whether the execution of the arc will be good or bad. Sure, it's still the girl-of-the-week format, but the accompanying build-up towards the Goddess Arc is one heck of a great storytelling (which we won't probably get to see), starting from Tenri's arc (sad that her arc won't be redone). Yui's arc would have been one turning point as the audience will have seen that things aren't that easy as before; and Hinoki's arc was a major event that wasn't limited by the school setting (Attack on Titan: Maijima City), as well as the introduction of a proper antagonist and the other forces at hand. I sure hope that they will use an OVA route, a la Darker than Black, to fill the gap and explain the backstories of other characters.

P.S. I really wanted to see how TWGOK will fare to Rozen Maiden (Tsukiyo's arc) and Free (Minami's arc w/ swimming Keima). Oh, my dashed hopes .