View Single Post
Old 2006-04-24, 23:38   Link #16
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust
After all, by that time it is obvious everyone has pretty much let go of any bitterness they may have had about each other, if not about the whole affair.
I agree that's a "perfect-world" interpretation...That would never happen in real life...And that's why Taka and Mitsuki have agreed (by Haruka's request I guess) not to ever see Haruka again because it will never be lovely like her book, nor should it be...I know sisters who were in love with same guy who still dislike one another over the guy choosing one over the other (In girl talk it's called "stealing my man")...So I know girls who are best friends will always remained fractured...It's almost like you are taking the other person's destiny in a sense...I mean I don't have actual numbers but I'd gander less than 1% of girls who marry or takes their best friends guy (under any circumstance) ever become good friends again...and most (from my life experiences) hate the other girls guts...So no cuddly bears under a tree with the names Haruka and Mitsuki...

Quote:
First of all, did Haruka use a pen name when she wrote the book, or did she get married? I have heard contradictory claims on this. If she's married, I would guess that she really put Taka behind her, and their meeting would be a joyful reunion, and their friendship would be renewed.
Well in Akane Maniax Haruka does not look like someone who is living a overly progressive life IMO...She still seems sad to me and somewhat still caught in a state of flux...I mean she's still living at home with no new friends in sight...Now I don't know how many years pass when we see the book appear (in KGNE's ending), but Akane can't be much older than her early 20's when she's a swimming champion, so based on maniax I doubt seriously Haruka has found a husband...She probably is known for being the girl who came out of a 3 year coma and doesn't want that to affect her writing image...So I say it's a penname....