View Single Post
Old 2010-03-05, 22:14   Link #5
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

@ Triple_R

You have not searched before posting this right?

This "issue" has been discussed before (again and again). There have been somewhat different directions to the topic(s) but this particular point was brouth up as I recall. The (implied) answer is the rep system will stay as-is. If it has or not a practical purpose who knows (or actually cares?) the rules is: if you disagree with how it works disable it (via your User Control Panel). Please realize the reputation system is a subjective system, you can not apply logic or any objective purpose to it. Is it important? systems like this are rarely important but as individuals we associate them a high priority (eg. "this is a post, there are millions like it but this one is mine!" ).

In any case this topic will likely get locked soon or after a few pages when the moaning and crying start (ie. "I also got... (examples)" which translate to "give me positive rep please, because I got de-reped"). This is the main reason why every other discussion regarding reputation has been closed (and discussing reputation is forbidden).