View Single Post
Old 2008-11-20, 12:07   Link #44
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Basically her yelling them out was too much. Specially because just an episode ago in a scene where in scene where her possessiveness was also questioned, she juts basically shrugged it off.

If she was feeling them at such strength as it is showed at the pool then her reaction would have been stronger and would not have been so fast forgotten.
I don't know which scene you're refering to, but I wouldn't think it would measure up to the anger and 'love'[using the word loosely here] she felt at that moment, when she felt that everyone other than herself left Ryuuji to technically drown after receiving encouragement from him(now that I think about it, why the hell didn't the guys that hit him help him back up? Plot-hole ?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
It's normal both in the anime and real life to trying make your rival jealous as a joke or real intend.
Then Ryuuji is not a "thing", so she obviously can't "take" him, can she?
The whole class was throwing each other into the pool at that time, so that's a silly joke that they as the whole failed to notice.

How many people (as both real and anime characters) you see call others(and themselves) "baka". Then same question but how many uses "dog". Obviously, there is a reason that some words can be used but others can't
You said Kitamura and Ami have already expected Taiga is treating Ryuuji as a dog (literally) and Ryuuji accepts it?
The only one who doesn't mind such words is Minori because she doesn't take things so serious all the time
It's not normal to degrade someone you just met just because you think you're better that her. Besides, Taiga was just getting her payback by doing the same thing Ami did to her, unexpectantly toss her into the pool.

I'm saying that they understand that Taiga cares for Ryuuji more than her words normally express. As far as Minorin goes, Taiga has already expressed how much Ryuuji does for her, which is why Minorin "left it" to Ryuuji. Ami and Kitamura has observed it as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
frubam, did Ami knew that Taiga cannot swim? I think she didn't thats why the whole thing is not as bad (yeah a joke but it happens, as if you haven't been pushed into a pool/water at least once). While Taiga pulling off her bikini was intended and knowing full cruelty of that. they are bit different so you cant compare those two acts.

Too bad that some interesting bits were ignored oh well, can't put everything into it, I guess. Specilly not with such ridiculous pace.

Mind you taht even in anime-terms such the way Taiga is acting looks weird and rather abusing to others. Remember that Ami questioned why actually Ryuuji allows Taiga so much. Meaning taht she thinks Taiga is going overboard and yet Ryuuji allows her which she wonders why. So even in anime standards Taiga's acts are not nice.
Ok, so she didn't know Taiga could swim, I'll give her that mistake. Still, Ami at every chance she's been given, has been trying to mentally abuse Taiga with Ryuuji. Yes, she probably has a thing for him, but she makes an effort to try to embarass Taiga both privately and publicly. In terms of psychological damage, Ami has done more to Taiga than the other way around. How was Ami affected by her bikini top being stolen? She had a moment of embarassment, which wasn't really that bad for her mentally. How was Taiga affected when Ami said she told Kitamura about what happened in the restaurant? She was left huddled under the sheets, crying, not even wanting to come out to eat. So you can't act like Ami was traumatized in any way by what Taiga did.

As for Ami asking Ryuuji about Taiga's treatment of him, that was 2 eps ago, when Ami didn't even know Ryuuji or Taiga, nor their relationship. Actually, it was the first time they[Ryuuji/Taiga] acted normally in front of each other in front of her[Ami], so of course she's gonna wonder why Ryuuji accepts it. I feel that since Ami, now, understands the relationship between those two, she knows the reason(or at least ventures a guess).