Thread: Licensed Princess Tutu
View Single Post
Old 2013-06-29, 07:19   Link #154
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

First post in the topic 4 years to the day? Maybe there's some kismet in my finishing this series today at last.

Pretty wonderful show, all things considered. The staff list is long, but Princess Tutu has Satou Junichi's spiritual fingerprints all over it. I love him when his work is tempered with a bit of an edge, which mostly seems to be when he's directing someone else's material. I doubt I could mine anything new to say about the show so many years after most people have seen it, but I really love the sense of humor mixed with the sense of tragedy - a potent combination. It's an explosion of whimsy and pure imagination of the kind we don't see too often in anime these days. And obviously, the music is superb - not that you could go wrong with that soundtrack. And while the cast is generally great, Katou Nanae is unbelievably good as Ahiru - why in the world has she not been in more series in major roles?

As for the ending, well... I'll just say I had a growing inkling over the last several episodes that
Spoiler for just in case:
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote