View Single Post
Old 2007-02-15, 19:19   Link #88
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Ok, I'm seriously not understanding the severity of the objection about how KyoAni is using their own popular seiyuu to draw hype for Lucky Star. First off, I just wikipedia'd all the seiyuu listed out of sheer curiosity, and most of them don't even have their own page. Only 6 were apparently well known enough to have their own page, and of the 6 only 3 even had any notable lead roles (plus one is for anime original characters anyway). In a cast of 20ish characters, having 2 or 3 popular voice actors seems hardly a diabolical ploy for attention. The vast majority of the new voice actors seem very little-known, and you probably could have attacked SHnY with the same objection even more forcibly than you could for Lucky Star.

I find it hard to believe one can actually watch this show objectively if you're already going in with the mindset that the production studio has screwed up the voice cast. Quite frankly, my judge of how good the seiyuu choices are depends on how well I thought they performed, regardless of who they are. I didn't know the names of any of the seiyuus for SHnY until I think December of last year, well after I finished watching SHnY, mostly due to my tendency to overlook the credits. But I still enjoyed them immensely regardless.
Mirrinus is offline   Reply With Quote