View Single Post
Old 2008-01-22, 02:15   Link #15
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

The Tennis Thread!!!

Hello everyone, I am not sure how many of you out there are tennis players or watchers, but I hope to have this thread more organized.

When I say in general about tennis, I literally mean it. Whether it be discussing the ATP tour, to the type of strings you use on your racket, to the type of forehand/backhand grip you use, I find it all acceptable in this thread.

Although since such a broad subject exists, I'll get everyone started with a template to use.

1.Are you a watcher or player of tennis, or are you both?

(Questions Below Here Pertain to Watchers)

2.Name your three favorite ATP/WTA players and explain why:

3.Who do you consider the greatest player of all time? Why?

4.How do you feel about the state of Pro Tour? Basically as in coverage, announcers, etc.

5.Since it is a current event, who do you think men&women is going to win the 2008 Australian Open?

(Questions Below Here Pertain to Players)

6.Are you a casual player, club player, or a serious player?

7.If you are a serious player, what is your ranking? (Wherever you are from)

8.What kind of forehand grip do you use? (Western, Semi-Western, Eastern, Extreme Easter, Hawaiian, Continental, etc.)

9.What kind of backhand do you have, one or two hander? What kind of grip do you use on that backhand?

10.What racket do you use?

11.What strings do you use? What tension do you string at?

12.On the NTRP rating scale, what would you rate yourself? (http://www.tennismates.com/ntrp.asp) <-- For more information

13.What style of play are you? (Aggressive base liner, counter puncher, serve-and-volleyer, etc.)
-----

I'll start off.

1. Watcher and a player of tennis.
2. Roger Federer - He's just pure perfection, what more can I say about him. GOAT.
Raphael Nadal - This player has some wicked spin and physical endurance, captivating.
Justin Henin - Her backhand is just love to a one handed player like me.
3. Roger Federer - Haven't seen anyone that can pull of his shots in a match all the time. He's been number 1 for a little over 4 years now.
4. I wish the coverage would be better, French Open doesn't get much attention. The announcers are annoying a lot of the time, they don't know what they're talking about half the time. I am very disappointed in how much the WTA has degraded, its a bunch of girls slapping balls as hard as they can now these days. Justin Henin is the only good player left in my opinion.
5. Either Roger Federer, or Novak Djokovich for mens, and Justin Henin for womens.
6.Serious player
7. Somewhere in 400s in boys 16s Souther California in the USTA. Plan to actually play a lot more USTA tournaments this year though.
8. I have a western forehand grip.
9. One handed, eastern backhand.
10. Head Liquid Metal Prestige Mid
11. Head Ultra Tour 17 at 57 tension.
12. I'm almost a 4.5 level player, my second serve is a bit too weak.
13. My style is counterpunch, I like to drive aggressive baseliners crazy

Last edited by Reckoner; 2008-01-22 at 18:32.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote