View Single Post
Old 2011-08-17, 13:05   Link #296
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
I just recently saw this today. I am not into politics so can someone explain to me what political sin did Ron Paul commit to be treated this way.
The following is an excerpt from an user called elr456 from Yahoo who writes down an account of Ron Paul's voting record and his personal stance since he is been in Congress starting from 1976:
Ron never voted for raising taxes.
Ron never voted for the Patriot Act
Ron never voted to raise the debt ceiling
Ron never voted to go to war in Iraq and all the other places
Ron never voted to use your tax dollars to bail out the banks
Ron has introduced term limit legislation but has been denied by the rest of Congress
Ron does not participate in the congressional pension plan.
Ron returns a portion of his congressional office budget to the Treasury every year
Ron never voted for an unbalanced budget
Ron never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership
Ron voted against NAFTA and CAFTA
Ron has always wanted to reduce our massive spending by stopping these useless wars.
Ron will get rid of foreign aid
Ron will help audit then gradually abolish the Federal Reserve so we can return to a sound currency
Ron will enforce immigration law and close the border with Mexico
Ron is against the useless war on drugs that jails non violent criminals while the justice system allows murderers, rapists, and child molesters to get out early
Ron is against the income tax
Ron will get rid of the IRS
Ron has never taken a government-paid junket
Ron will reduce regulation so companies come back to the United States and create more jobs
Ron once offered $100 of his own money and told the rest of Congress to do the same to pay for the Congressional Medal of Honor given to Rosa Parks. No one joined him despite Congressmen earning a base salary of 174K a year.
I don't know how accurate the above is but as you can see, the both side of the party (Dems and Repubs) will suffer major inconvenience if Ron Paul gets his way even if some of the things come into effect as a manner of policy change. There will be a bounty on his head in no time where both party (Dems and Repubs) will contribute to the reward money. When he was running for nomination in 2008, Fox News relentlessly portrayed Ron Paul as the next worse thing to racism since the KKK. Mind you, Ron Paul was one of the Republican candidate. When there is any media attention on him, it's usually the negative kind mostly from Fox News, or in the form of comedy where a guy like Jon Stewart is pointing out how there is little coverage on him.. meaning the media Black Out like in this instance.

Last edited by monir; 2011-08-17 at 14:58. Reason: "It's Jon, not Ron" - thanks GDB ^_^
monir is offline   Reply With Quote