View Single Post
Old 2012-03-28, 11:20   Link #5
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

I already wrote a review for this, plus I have read everyone else's since this came out. Here's what I said on MyAnimeList (with corrected grammar).

Spoiler for Old Review:

I guess the one thing I can add to this review is that personally, I just couldn't stand the characters in this show. Inori is one of my most hated anime characters due to how soulless she is, along with how poorly she developed feelings, and how she wasn't funny. Shu was a good idea that backfired since I couldn't tell whether his mood swings were from his character or from piss-poor writing. I never really got why people liked Hare, as she just annoyed me. And so on and so forth.

The idea of the voids were pretty cool, but they were never really the main focus in this show. Plus, they were never used in creative ways, but instead were relegated to Deus Ex Machinas that broke their own established rules. Also, that 17 and under rule, really?

I'll probably check out an English dub if the voices are good, as I tend to like characters better when they speak a language I understand, but ever since the anime ended, I just forgot most of what happened and feel sort of empty now. Which I don't think is a good thing. 4/10 for me, which is a shame, because I really wanted to like this show.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck