View Single Post
Old 2006-07-17, 16:41   Link #66
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasminescott
Does anyone know who i should contact with regards to printing fullmetal alchemist manga in a newspaper? Also, the english publications that you can order from the sites listed, do they read left to right?
If you mean a newspaper contact, I would suggest you look at the newspaper you want to contact and see if there is a contact address. If not, just Google the newspaper name, you should be able to find the contact address (for snail mail or email) online. As for trying to convince a newspaper to print FMA, good luck but I don't think it would even be considered by a newspaper, there are just to many problems.

Nearly all English translated manga is right to left nowadays (i.e. in the original Japanese layout). When manga was first translated it was mostly "flipped" (so it was read left to right) but for the last two or so years the publishers realised that the people who purchased English translated manga didn't mind if it was in it's original format so have saved costs by not flipping it anymore.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote