Thread: Licensed Akb0048
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-18, 15:46   Link #231
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yeah umm for the record I was strictly referring to the possibility of it being a bigger than usual critical flop for Satelight. This however has absolutely nothing to do with how it will do financially since I'm reasonably certain that AKB48 fans will shell out for anything with the AKB48 name on it. As the man who often posts sales says, basically just release a bunch of character tie in singles (fans of these types of productions love this sort of thing) and even that'll have you set revenue wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Does Satelite even have a financial stake in the success of the series, or were they just given a bundle of money to make the show?
This is actually a very interesting question. One has to assume that they've decided how to divvy up the profits behind closed doors. Though I have to say, how sad is it that right now the most pressing question is not whether this show will be any good (it almost seems like people have decided it's a forgone conclusion that it won't) but how much money people that we know nothing about stand to make off of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
If that's the case than you should easily be able to name a few more shows that were early production disasters... (like maybe Basquash) so go ahead an name them... I won't be holding my breath...
Glass no Kantai for somehow getting made. I jest though, obviously I have no way to prove it (except in the case of Kissdum where if I recall a key employee literally made off with the treatment weeks before it was supposed to go into production) and never actually made this claim so much as implied that it seems to be the case. Note the "almost" in the text of my initial post, it being the operative word and all. I base this implication on the shows I've watched from Satelight and how uneven and barely past the concept stage they often feel once they hit their middle stage making it appear as if they suffer from a lack of ability to plan well early on when it comes to the structure of a show. I'll leave the matter at that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I wonder when they will reveal the transformable mechs in the show. I'm curious if they're going for Macross type designs or something very different.
Hahahaha, okay now that's kind of funny. Obviously they'll use the Kissdum designs.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-04-18 at 15:57.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote