Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-02, 18:11   Link #3433
TinyRedLeaf
Moving in circles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafi View Post
The pitch Ko did to Mishima, was that 160 km?
Most likely yes. But radar gun failed to read his pitch, so no one can conclusively say if he actually did. In the end though, it didn't matter. Veteran players like Junpei and Aoba could tell from experience alone that it was very fast, close to if not 160km/h. And also, the pitch won the game, so its actual velocity is moot.

Quote:
Whatever happened to Wakaba's birthday presents? (I know Adachi wants us to think about it, but any guesses or predictions)
I don't remember clearly any more, but I think Kou bought every present except the last one for Wakaba's 16th birthday. As for what he actually did with them, he stored them away as keepsakes of a promise made and faithfully kept.

Quote:
Is Koushien a finals game? Like I thought it was the game against Mishima's team, but it wasn't. So what is Koushien?
Guardian Enzo can probably give you a more in-depth answer as he had personally visited the stadium. For the general answer, Wikipedia is your friend: Koshien Stadium. Basically, the stadium is "hallowed ground" as far as Japanese high-school baseball players are concerned, because it is where the final game of the national tournament is held. To play, and win, in Koushien is to be counted among the best high-school baseball teams in Japan.

Quote:
Did Kou always like Aoba?
Read the thread, lol. There are a range of views. I am among those who believe that Kou had always liked Aoba, and Wakaba herself was aware of it, hence her cryptic but friendly warning to Aoba not to take Kou away from her.

Quote:
Wakaba and Kou were basically love birds (even though Kou didn't express anything), and Aoba hated Kou because Kou was always with Wakaba. Now the thing is, Wakaba basically tells Kou what type of guy that Aoba likes and Wakaba gives him a training sheet. After the tragedy, Kou did those exercises everyday just to get better at pitching. Doesn't that mean Kou was aiming to win Aoba's heart and that Wakaba knew? Is it a possibility?
Yes, among other things. Would clarify, though, that Kou's feelings for Wakaba were sincere. As for whether it was really love, who knows? I think even Kou himself wasn't really sure in the end. But it didn't matter, because Wakaba was dead and she remained only a cherished memory. He had to move on, as did Aoba.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I liked the way the story ended. Some things don't need to be spelt out so explicitly. I side with some Japanese who tend to believe that if you put your thoughts and feelings to words, they become less sincere. Far better to put thoughts and feelings into action that your loved ones can personally experience and hence infer the intent behind your actions.

(A bit of cultural awareness is possibly needed to understand the above point of view. The Japanese language is notorious for its use of a variety of synonyms to express subtle differences in meaning. There are different ways, for example, for a Japanese to tell you "no" without actually saying the word, which they loathe to say because they consider it rude to directly refuse requests from others. As a result, it's possible for the Japanese to hide their true meanings behind a cascade of pretty but meaningless words, which likely contributes to the feeling that words alone are insincere, and that proof by action is much more honest.)

Basically, actions speak louder than words. In the above scenario, the fact that Aoba doesn't let go of Kou's hands despite what she said says everything I need to know about their relationship. It's rock solid.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote