View Single Post
Old 2009-09-09, 14:10   Link #133
Apache Thunder
Interdimensional Spy

Send a message via MSN to Apache Thunder Send a message via Yahoo to Apache Thunder
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Automatic transmission fluid (a kind of hydraulic fluid, incidentally) is also red. As is cranberry juice. Just because Yuki is full of red fluid does not mean that it is blood. Given that she can manufacture nanomachines to inject into a delicious Mikuru on-demand would suggest that she's a human-shaped swarm of sufficiently-advanced nanotechnology. She may have red internal fluid for the simple fact that skin is not completely opaque, and that if she had, say green fluids, her skin would take on an unmistakably bizarre greenish tint.
Nanomachines is something she probably created on the spot. As to my theory, she could have easily modified her teeth to include some form of nanomachine factory type gland or device. As I said, she could possibly modify her body to certain specs depending on the situation.

Quote:
Are you saying that Yuki is a sort of zombie? The wounds she sustains in the fight with Ryoko are all of the sort that give you a few seconds of conscious action before the blood pressure in your brain goes to zero on the account that the shredded remains of your heart aren't pumping anymore, and your lungs and chest cavity have filled with blood.
Well I'm not saying she's a zombie. Zombies are usually depicted as walking corpses of sorts. Yuki is far from that. Her body might not be full organic, if this is the case, it wouldn't take the form of any android or machanical structure and most likely be that her body could be comprised entirely of nanomachines if she wasn't organic. Any physical injury she sustains wouldn't effect her ability to exist, because most likely her "brain" isn't organic.

But I believe their bodies are organic because it blends in better with normal humans. They don't want to stick out by setting off metal detectors at Airports every time they need to use a airplane or enter a government building.

But this is beside the point. If their consciousness exists in a dimension beyond that of what we can perceive, then their interfaces are merely their way to interact with the environment in way that humans could perceive and understand. They could come to earth without a interface at all, but they wouldn't be able to communicate with humans and humans probably wouldn't even tell they were here at all if that was the case.

Yuki was able to remember all the E8 recursions. So it's clear her "brain" isn't anywhere close to that of a normal human one. This also adds to the theory that her actual consciousness exists out side of time and the 4 dimensions we know of. Because otherwise she would not have been able to remember it. It can be inferred by the way she shows boredem that she personally remembers the recursions and not simply the DITE sending the data of the recursions to her. Because if that was the case, she wouldn't show as much boredom in the E8 scandal.

This sorta can be compared to the Matrix movies. Think of the physical universe/Earth as the Matrix and the plane that the DITE exists in as the "real world". So that means their interfaces are merely avatars of their personality. This could also mean that their bodies are made of nothing but data. So what her "body" is actually made of is beyond human perception itself. It analogy fits pretty well actually. Because the DITE and other entities can change the environment in very similer ways that the Agents from the Matrix can. Only unlike the matrix, the DITE and others can't create things from from nothing. As Yuki said, they can't create data, only change existing data.

Quote:
A minor nitpick, but it's "intents and purposes." Kyon speculates on the fate of Ryoko
Well my memory is a bit fuzzy on novel details and it has been awhile since I've seen the original 2006 episodes.

I have cameras in your head!

Last edited by Apache Thunder; 2009-09-09 at 14:31.