View Single Post
Old 2010-12-06, 08:13   Link #55
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
Sad but true. Kyousuke is starting to remind me of Love Hina's Keitaro with how much abuse he takes, how quickly he recovers from it, and how he barely even complains.
Yeah, that video is pretty good, misses the last one when Meruru/Kana throws her staff at Kyousuke though, even funnier because even someone he only met few hours ago is already hurling abuse at him (also, the staff makes a curve ball comparable to those of baseball pitchers!). And I agree, the number of abuse is really starting to annoy me, especially when most of them aren't really deserved anyway. But really, arguing this point, which is like a double standard considering how much more outcry will be when it's the opposite, has been done long ago. I suppose I'm just not a huge fan of slapstick, if it wants to be funny it needs to be as over-the-top as possible and not too realistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
And I'll be honest, I actually forgot what happened in ep. 9. I've spent the whole morning wondering what took place, and then I remember and thought, "Yeah, nothing really happened last week, either." Still, I liked ep. 9 over this one.
Ehh, I'd say that there's more plot development last ep than in this one, at least concerning the siblings' relationship. In fact, if I'm not told that last ep is the filler episode, I'll probably think the filler is this one. I mean, I suppose there's more focus on supporting characters like Ayase and Kana, but there's not much development there either, and especially none in the siblings' relationship that I can understand Reckoner's frustration a bit. And really, is that really how most middle school girls are? Boy am I glad I'm already out of high school, and that I make it out relatively unscathed without having friends like that...

And yeah, Kirino is being Kirino as usual (at this point, I downright expects her to hurl at least one physical and verbal abuse to her brother per episode) and Kyousuke becomes a martyr as usual. Well, at least this time it's better as he's helping Ayase and not Kirino, and even the abuse is varied from 3 different person. Also yeah, his idea isn't exactly well thought out, but that's par for ther course of him as well.

Best thing is still the Kuroneko for me somehow, I laughed most when I heard the line "The greatest work of art ever to grace the earth at the hands of Man, for 980 yen? What will they do next?" along with her expression. Next ep, we'll be having her and Saori in maid uniform, hell yeah! Hmm, Kirino as maid, looks like Roberta from Black Lagoon will be having competition for most vicious maid ever...

Last edited by Saturn Beaver; 2010-12-06 at 08:33.