View Single Post
Old 2011-05-07, 06:51   Link #93
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahfielxi View Post
It's not just the weight on shoulders. Temperature drop/chills observed on two occasions also are associated with ghosts.

It still seems like the most obvious thing to me.
This show is kind of told from Jinta's PoV, so those "hints" could be purposefully misleading. Maybe Poppo just happened to feel a chill; maybe Tsuruko just suddenly got a shoulder pain; maybe Jinta made the bread himself all along. We don't know at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I still think this is ultimately the wrong question. The anime isn't about paranormal research - it's about the impact Menma had in the past and continues to have on all of the Busters (especially Jinta). Who knows for sure, but it's very possible you're setting yourselves up for disappointment if you expect the show to ever spell out just exactly what Menma is.
I was saying that on IRC yesterday, that the show might just end with Jinta being not able to tell whether the Menma was his hallucination or a real ghost. Which means:
  • Menma will disappear; and
  • In the end no one else other than Jinta can see Menma after all, but very likely they will feel her presence before she disappears.

At this point, it doesn't really matter anymore though whether Menma is a hallucination or a real ghost. She's already serving a purpose, they will find out what her wish was, fullfil it, and she will disappear, either as a hallucination or a real ghost. I'm tending to believe Menma is the former case though after episode 4 as mentioned in my previous post.