View Single Post
Old 2012-04-28, 03:01   Link #709
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_nubkilr View Post
I wonder what the cited "various circumstances" really are.
This is just my speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if it's because the venue is small.

It really IS small. I was there for a K-On! Doujinshi event last spring (2011) and the theater where the K-On coverband performed (as well as HTT) was soooo tiny!

People must keep in mind that Toyosato is originally an elementary school and when all of us fans packed in the auditorium we were sitting with our knees propped up to our chests....mostly because being gaijin we were a bit taller LOL but some of the residents were a bit scrunched themselves.

You can't really see it in this shot since I was in an awkward side of the room but the seats were designed with kids heads sitting just above the back rest while the adults in the room were towering over them while sitting.

And just for kicks, I'll throw in a few more shots of the school:
Spoiler:

That K-On doujinshi event I attended was packed to the brim so I can imagine the entire vicinity being a madhouse if there was a movie screening held there. They would be breaking some safety hazards LOL. Either way, I recommend going to at least a K-On! Doujinshi event. They usually hold them for an HTT member's birthday or something related and they usually have food vendors in the parking lot so there is no shortage of food.

Might end up going to another event at Toyosato during my next business trip...if they send me to the Kansai area again. I'll have to make sure I take more pictures.

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼