View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 02:29   Link #6688
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
There are universities where students grab others and give punishments like go stand in the hallway holding buckets or go wash up the classroom floor? Where??

And as much as I love all of you trying to help out, and thank you, this does not answer my question. Does this mean disciplinary committee is not like magical ninjas?? It is true and done in Japan like in anime and is that why it is done or is it just like magic ninjas who swish through the night and go "Boom! dattebayo"??
Um, no. There are universities where a "American" style of court system is used to decide whether students should be suspended or expelled for behavior.

And as far as I know, "buckets" haven't been used in decades in Japanese schools and it would be the *teacher* issuing that punishment. Clean up duty, otoh, is used in many schools in Japan and in the US (in the US, often students in detention are used for litter patrol). In Japan, cleaning up the school is not really a punishment but more often a rotation duty of classes.