Old 2013-09-07, 10:45   Link #3318
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saito123 View Post
https://www.emanga.com/about

''We carry the DMG imprint, which are titles localized by fans for fans.''

So a BT rip-off with earning money?
Well, not exactly. BT is a hoster. What eManga probably did was they bought a license from the publisher to sell this manga with a english localization in America. Basically what they're talking about is they hire someone to "fan" translate it. Its cheaper than hiring a official translator directly since they charge you per kanji or something. Its nothing new Yen and Viz and whoever they all do this. They localize from well known jap=> english translators. If i remember correctly majority of the translations for Aria where form the Chinese source. Anyone who does this officially would not being using the Chinese source they should be using the official Japanese source instead. The reason why they're trying to do epub is because physical is hard to sell in the west. Viz proved that fact by going bankrupt. Well at least in America. Ironically its the total opposite to japan who would rather sell physical copies compared to digital ones. Plus major bookstores are a dying breed in America. It means in order to sell physically they would need to sell a lot of copies online. If they don't they'd just lost a lot of money from printing cost. what America really needs is something similar to Barnes, but sells Light novels. Too bad I can't picture this happening since the Light Novel niche is really small.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
I'm sorry. Can someone just confirm with a simple yes or no? Hidan no Aria, the same series that has been dead for a while, was just licensed and the novel is being published in ENGLISH? And how the hell did we just find out about it now? I go to ANN everyday and I haven't seen a single announcement about this.
Hidan was never dead, people just loss interest. Anything that get licensed in English either EU or NA will have the translation removed either when the first volume gets published or when it reaches a month. There are other sources than ANN to find news you know. A lot of times ANN is hasty and incorrect.

Last edited by Drkz; 2013-09-07 at 10:56.
Drkz is offline   Reply With Quote