View Single Post
Old 2008-09-15, 16:36   Link #961
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Do you think they really care about Pendragon?
It's not about Pendragon itself. It's about what it reveals about Schneizel. If they truly think Lelouch is their biggest problem, then they're thinking short term. As world leaders, they should think ahead a little bit and realize they're next. Heck, didn't they see that pattern with Lelouch already? Britania, and then, the world! They should also remember that, while Lelouch is the evil bastard who uses Geass, Schneizel is the evil bastard who uses Fleia on civilian population centers.

Quote:
Also Li doesn't seem to trust Schneizel at all. I don't think he's very impressed with the likes of Ougi's decision to go along with Schneizel, but until he has a good reason to break away from them he's sort of stuck where he is. It's sort of Zero's fault again actually. If he hadn't had the member nations of the UFN turn the worlds army over to the Black Knight's command then the decision in the room with Schneizel wouldn't be quite so binding at the moment.
There is that, but he should have used their betrayal of Lelouch (or Lelouch's "betrayal", whatever) as an excuse to renegotiate the powers of the guys Lelouch himself has chosen to head the UFN's armed forces. So far, all his distrust has translated into are little moues. Bloody useless.

Quote:
Also Lelouch forcibly gave up his chance to be the UFN's ally again because of his belief that he has to go it alone, so can one really blame them for continuing the alliance with Schneizel against the Demon King of Britannia for the time being? It's not a matter of them being idiots, it's a matter of them siding with whoever heads the power that appears to be the lesser of two evils.
And as I said, that's thinking short term. I really hope they've thought of something to check him after the battle, but somehow, I'm doubtful.

Also, I read in your blog you think Schneizel wants everlasting world peace, and that's why all the sacrifices are justified. Maybe you're right, but if so, he's deluded. If, despite the Britanian conquests, he hasn't heard of asymmetric warfare yet, he will. And then what? Destroy the world to save it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote