View Single Post
Old 2009-06-15, 15:44   Link #95
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Why do people always refer to Kallen's poem only? It is not just that. It is Lelouch's personal line about her, it is the mutual-kiss staff line, there are things that do show that Lelouch >>> Kallen, not only Kallen >>> Lelouch. And again, the gumline, the bane of existence for all KallenxLelouch fans. It was cut because it would probably cause an uproar, since it had the "love" word.
Please, there is not way that someone can say "not important" when the staff itself said, that these lines are the most important for the characters.
The gumline was something Kallen would have said, not Lelouch, if I understood it correctly. So I don't know how it should have changed anything - we know Kallen's love for Lelouch was incredibly important to her character.
And I don't buy this whole "the staff didn't do this and that because the other shippers would have lynched them" stuff. They liked playing with the almost-but-not-quite romance, and they wouldn't have shot down't Cluclu if that's what they're so worried about.
Yes, the mutual kiss is there. But it just doesn't make Shirlulu any less "canon".