View Single Post
Old 2008-10-04, 10:50   Link #4010
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
Ah, right, you prefer the second season to the first. Mm, I suppose it does depend on subjective experience; Personally. Code Geass S1 was the first anime which had me dying for more on weekly basis, while R2 has never really come close. The memory reset, repetition of plot points, and introduction of far too many side characters to be properly developed probably held me back from embracing the beginning, but then again as far as I know it could've just have been that my priorities had changed.

As far as my favourites go however, I feel they're just about bulletproof: for the longest time it's been Haruhi, Code Geass, Mushishi, and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei in no particular order. Mushishi is quite simply beautiful, SZS doesn't take itself seriously enough to be criticized, and Haruhi is just extraordinarily meta. Code Geass feels like it's falling to the back of the pack, but it's still got its spot there in my top four. I'll certainly remember it as my most extensive stint as a shipper, at the very least.
This is going to sound weird but my feelings about R1 and R2 are exactly the same. I dont have this R1 vs R2 issue that almost anyone that watches it. I never got a different vibe from either. I always had the longing to watch more or found it hard to wait for the new episode, regardless of which series it was. I don't view it as two different seasons, to be honest. I found it to be fluent from start to finish and things made sense/were plausible. I have no nagging questions leftover.

Actually, I do have just the one - why have Viletta be the one character to have her breasts fully exposed if they weren't drawn properly? Honestly, they took so much more care whenever C.C., Kallen, Shirley or Milly were in those situations, but with Viletta, it just looked crude.

As for your other faves - no, I don't see anything wrong. I actually watched Mushi-shi in a non-stop frenzy on Thursday night into when it literally was Friday morning; it is epic, rates 5th on my all-time list. Haruhi I almost dropped after 4 episodes but after the 5th I found it watchable. SZS I can't watch, it's not my style. That's just me. Opinion will vary between anyone, no two people will ever agree on everything. That's part and parcel of being an individual and makes who we are. Something Charles could never get his big fat head and poncy locks around.