Thread: Licensed Sengoku Collection
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 19:46   Link #68
Shimapan
Try me! <3

Yay, finally watched the second episode. Go me.

First episode wasn't bad, but kind of bland, so I wasn't too motivated to watch the second episode.

Second episode was... to put it bluntly, boring as hell. A story about a little kid wanting to become an idol. Extremely lame and generic run-of-the-mill idol story.

Wait, let me check. Did I accidentally watch Precure or some other series targeted at six-year-old girls? ... No. Says "Sengoku Collection" right there. It's still like "My little Pony", just without the ponies.

Hmm... guess I'll watch the third episode just out of a morbid curiosity about how bad it can still get.

Last year's Sengoku Otome was nice. Not exactly stellar, but still nice. The idea of putting the Sengoku girls into present day Japan certainly isn't bad, but what they made of it... especially the second episode can only be flushed down the toilet.

It's also embarassing if the director tries to make a series about Sengoku girls, but himself has no clue about the Songoku time, obvious at various times - e.g. signatures are a western custom, unknown back then. If Ieyasu had actually been from the Sengoku time, she would've used her inkan (name stamp) instead.