View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 23:31   Link #91
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Let me clarify a bit here. By solution I do not mean a good end for Satoshi or anything. The show could say "Yep, life is unfair. Learn to live with it" and I'll be totally ok with that. What I tried to say is, to me, the show didn't even say "suck it up" yet. I feel the author still left it open to explore more about it. Considering that the relationship between Houtarou and his sister is unexplored, I think my impression is not totally baseless.
Well, I'm not calling your impression baseless or anything. I'm just providing an alternative interpretation that I believe may fit better.

Back on topic, I figured that the show didn't need to say it. It's an open problem that has no solution. I think the fact that the episode ended on a happy note, with the Classics Club celebrating the end of the festival, was an indication that despite the issue of unequal talents, we should just take it in stride and enjoy life as it goes. While the problem won't go away, good company will make it a lot more tolerable.

Granted, I might be overreaching myself here. But still, interpreting it in that matter makes the entire episode so much more meaningful for me.