View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 12:19   Link #3917
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd say the reveal of "MU! I AM your (clone) father!" is rather creepy than melodramatic though . Also, I think the context of the war is already pretty well-explained since early episodes especially in the episode about the very first Coordinator.
That episode did go some way into explaining things (Though even then we're still talking about 14 episodes into the show), but in the ned it still felt a little too informed. I wanted to feel why they went into war, not told. To me that only really happened in Episode 44/45

Quote:
Actually, there are a lot of things that Kira did that Athrun couldn’t do. Some examples: Kira saved Archangel and its whole crew from being blown-up by a GINN at Alaska battle. Athrun couldn’t & wouldn’t do that since Archangel is his enemy at the time.
I think if they shuffled events around just a bit, Athrun could have a long talk with Cagali and then get to have an even longer talk with Lacus Clyne and be the one Lacus gives Freedom to. Though I suppose it would have to be built up a bit beforehand. But only a bit.

Quote:
Also, don’t forget that, without Kira, Freedom would be piloted by a ZAFT member which only add more power to Patrick Zala to exterminate natural humans. Plus, without the help of Freedom + Kira, Justice would be a rubber duck for the Trio Gundams to play with. That’s just a few of many reasons why Kira is important after the decisive battle with Athrun.
I'm thinking there wouldn't be a Justice at all and Athrun pilots the Freedom (And if you're aghast at the thought of Athrun not piloting something red then it could be Justice instead, just so long as there's only one of them). I'm also thinking that Athrun would fight the Trio Gundams with more strategy involved than just them beam spanning one another. And Mu and Dearka could've been given bigger roles than just cleaning the mooks.

Quote:
Note: I don't even have to mention Cagalli. She's a natural. Her piloting skill is nowhere near Kira & Athrun.
She is? I'm pretty sure I remember her going into Seed mode near the end.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote