View Single Post
Old 2010-11-24, 09:48   Link #4470
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Well, it is just a rock. You won't see much more than you can see in the fine picture TRL just posted. I'd suggest a visit to Plimoth Plantation instead. It's a replica of the colony populated by actors who play actual residents of the time. They maintain themselves in character throughout. It's always funny to watch one of them ask an unsuspecting visitor how they arrived at the Plantation, then look puzzled and confused when told the visitors came by automobile. The Mayflower II, a replica of the original ship, is anchored near the rock in Plymouth harbor. It's mind-boggling to imagine over a hundred people crammed into a space not much larger than my apartment for two months.
One question. Why turkey and not other birds for thanksgiving?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I asked around and learned that the registration and testing fees for the USMLE for 2011 and 2012 would likely be approx. $3000 for foreigners, not counting the amount habing to spend going Stateside to take parts of it. $3000 is the gross salary of a first year medical resident for one whole year without taxes. In other countries, this is very high amount for someone who really just wants to train and earn while doing it before coming back home to practice.

So yes, ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

(Yes that was a legitimate question)

I've dropped Singapore from my list because they don't offer training unless you become a citizen, and even then you still have a conditional practicing status.

My research into taking Canada's MCC exam is looking well, but I haven't come across enough details for foreigners looking to apply at an embassy, where to get the study manuals and guides (there are however a ton for the USMLE in every bookstore) and how much the registration costs. Can anyone give suggestions?
Go South. Australia. I know a number of people who go there to study and practice before coming back here.

As for going about finding out about it, I would suggest that you ask a few Aussies here with regards to their locale and get them to email the authorities for you, like Haruka_Kitten and fallschirmjager.

WRT Singapore, I am sure that it is PR and not citizen. I'll drop an email tomorrow morning before I go to school, should be able to get a reply by Friday.

PM TRL or hope that he will see your question. I am sure in his field of journalism he should be able to get or regurgitate specific information more easily than me.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote