View Single Post
Old 2011-08-01, 08:59   Link #2102
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
Here's another update, this time from Masayuki Ozaki, who is Sunrise's General Manager of Overseas Development:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/conv...2011/otakon/17

It is more or less a case of stating the obvious, true, but at least now we have an official explanation. In addition, the use of the word "season" here also seems to confirm the new project will probably be a TV series instead of an OVA or anything else. Finally, it's good to hear we will indeed get to see several different countries (or characters from the same) during the story.

EDIT: Here's a slightly different take on the same answer:

Aside from missing the bit about Goro Taniguchi and someone else (Okouchi?) still being involved in some sort of capacity, I suppose the ANN transcript is probably more accurate overall.
Somehow I want to believe that "season" will be told as a prequel.
Looking at Emperor, Marianne, Bismarck, and C.C. past is not that bad.

If it's turned to be a sequel.
It'll be the deciding turn about Lelouch life and death theory as the strongest topic.

Will Lelouch is "still" died ? If he's still "died" it'll be hard to pull out the new main characters as Zero role is still maintained by Suzaku. As long as Zero exist, he's the hero, and audience is still be swayed by Lelouch's legacy. How they calling such a vital factor like C.C. as the only Code-owner remains is the following case. Especially when C.C. is the CG mascot judged by her appearance at every CG spin-off. The easiest solution is to sent the stories going to 50 years later or some kind like that

If Lelouch is alive---
Personally, I don't like that kind of idea of becoming messiah in the very end like how Kira did on Shinn's importance as a main character in Gundam Seed Destiny.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote