View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 01:46   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Lack of experience? Heck, she's been around since she was frigging 13, doing major roles in many series. What lack of experience are you talking about? Of course, she hasn't played as many roles as Horie Yui, Yukana, Hayashibara Megumi, Paku Romi, or all those hot-shot seiyuu... but if only those with 25+ roles played are experienced, then you're saying 98% of professional seiyuu are inexperienced...

And heck, if I hadn't know already that Konata was Hirano Aya, I would've never recognized her. And I have quite an ear for identifying VAs.
It's not number of roles so much as roles that have put her to the test. She hasn't done enough of those. You don't gain experience by taking roles roles in short fluff series for most of your life do you. You can however turn a lemon (B-Daman, Sumomo, Beyblade) into a lemonade. So that's that, accept the fact that I'm am praising her for her phenomal effort in dealing with light roles for most of her career. I'm not going to lie and say I think she's on the same level as the 4 you have mentioned, except maybe for Megumi Hayashibara, who I think she is better than.

Tell me who this is though. I just want to see if you know an ear for Male Seiyuu as much as for female. No cheating. Then just chill and take in the fact that maybe somebody doesn't feel Aya Hirano is as experienced as others do. Keep in mind I also come from an 80's and 90's anime background so my people are in an entirely different generation of Seiyuu. The people I'm most familiar with and have come to respect over time don't include Yui Horie, Aya Hirano, etc. yet. Give it a while.