View Single Post
Old 2007-04-21, 04:08   Link #14
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It's not particularly naturalistic, but it is very strong as a characterization and in conveying emotion.
I call it passion. I'm sure you mean the same thing by using emotion so I'm starting to understand what you mean by the emotions conveyed in a particular scene. I had always thought you meant something like the sappy emotion you see on Oprah or something, but I get it finally. It's the ability to put everything you can into a role and to really try your hardest to make it work. If you can do that, even if it isn't the best performance of the day, you know you've pushed your limits and there are people out their that no this too.

Even still I think she has occassionally slipped up during her brief period of overwork in series such as Himawari, which I saw one episode with her character in it. You could tell she didn't like doing a boring quiet character and she would frequently slip into the true Genki Aya Hirano. The Death Note role is best just not to talk about. I don't think even Aya Hirano with all her passion can save a character as poorly written as Misa Amane. I'd blame that one on her agent personally, not her. What was the other one, oh yeah Busou Renkin, where we have the Genki Hirano back screeching for her Onii-Chan. For some reason that was hysterical for me as she deliberately overacted it for comedic effect, not in character and not the best role she's played, but again turning lemons into lemonade where possible.