View Single Post
Old 2009-03-28, 13:21   Link #159
Ryuou
進む道は武士道のみ

Location: Dying to get back to Japan (but currently near Chicago)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doraneko View Post
Because they are essentially girls .

You can easily create a cute and pretty looking girl in the fictional world and make her a boy/android/alien/monster/pixie/dragon/(insert creature name) in the official settings. But she is still a girl in the readers' subconscious, regardless of the settings.

(OOT: There are loli eroge with official settings claiming that everyone is over 18 in order to circumvent the law. Otakus of course still consider those under-aged looking "adults" as lolis.)

Put it in another way, you can create your fictional "16-year-old girl", who looks exactly like a typical middle-aged salaryman, with a bloated face and excessive body fat. No one can rebut you as this is the fictional world, but the said reverse trap will never be popular among guys either.
Hmm...I still don't get it. If you have a setting where the cute girl is actually a boy, then you have a cute-girly looking boy. I can kind of understand if it was a case where the boy turned into a girl like in Kashimashi, cause in that case he's now a she. But with traps they're still boys right? I just can't understand the attraction.
Ryuou is offline   Reply With Quote