View Single Post
Old 2011-03-01, 09:23   Link #22104
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
Of course you want to punish the culprit, but which history are you looking at to make the accusation? Isn't that like taking a room full of equally suspicious people and arbitrarily throwing one in jail because you needed a conviction?
If in the real world crimes were both committed and not committed by an individual simultaneously, I would err on the side of being merciful. However, that sort of scenario never plays out. So far as we can tell, there's only one history, and so far as I can tell from Umineko there's only one "real" outcome of events.

Besides, we seem to be forgetting that the box is only metaphorically closed by lack of information known to us. Both Battler and Eva were actually there, remember, and both of them survived. The lack of any appreciable information applies only to Ange, and to us. Battler and Eva both actually observed what occurred, they simply chose not to, or were unable to, reveal what they saw.

If I peek into the box and see that the cat is in fact dead, then close the box up and refuse to tell you my observation, there is no chance whatsoever that the cat will be alive when you check it.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote