View Single Post
Old 2011-03-16, 15:11   Link #214
taofd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Smart adults would think that these children are schizophrenics. I believe Madoka made the right decision by asking her mother without mentioning the magic.

Also, even if there were adults who believed them, they would be powerless against Witches. While conventional modern weapons can damage Witches, the only reason Homura can get away with it is because her ability allows to accurately place every shot. Normal adults won't get that luxury. I also don't think the notion of sending middle school children off to fight much like sending a soldier off to war would sound very ethical to them. Then you would have adults who would get involved more than necessary and become a burden on the battlefield.

If it's a personal or psychological problem like Sayaka's love troubles, then Witches do not need to be mentioned, and they could ask for help the same way Madoka asked her mother.

While it would be nice to ask for an adult's help, I don't think an adult can help with magic at all.
I caution the use of schizophrenia. By definition, you must meet the criteria for an extended period of time for an individual to be diagnosed. There are several other clear cut pre-requisites to be fulfilled as well.

I think it depends on the situation. Some adults might help, others might not. Once again, I think you have to take the situation at face value-- applying too many real world constraints and questions will just put more holes in the swiss cheese .
taofd is offline   Reply With Quote