View Single Post
Old 2011-01-27, 19:13   Link #34
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Didn't mean to nitpick ... that's perfectly fine then.
Again, don't worry don't wanna to reread posts D:.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Please explain that to me... why "guilt" of all feelings?

In my theoretical scenario, the Homura of the past cared deeply for Madoka the MG, and she saw that Madoka was suffering due to her open, caring nature. So she decides to essentially take Madoka's burden and become a MG in her stead. As her wish, she chooses "Let Madoka live the life of a normal girl in a loving family, unknowing of the whole MG business".

In doing so, Homura implicitly forfeited any hope for gratitude or companionship. Instead, she'd rather even lose contact to the person dear to her, FOR HER SAKE.

Now explain to me: Why would Homura feel _guilt_ about doing this? Guilt implies wrongdoing. It would rather have been a gold-hearted sacrifice she could be proud of.
Well, in my recently new theorical scenario, ha!, Homura indeed cared deeply for Madoka but as a kouhai to her as a MS in a parallel world situation were Homura's wish caused a tangent line in the course of the events. Like a videogame where you can reset the game but the scenarios and missions are still the same despite its variations of order.

Maybe she commited a wish for others sake, this case Madoka.
This is/was Homura's wish so it applies Homura's own concept about happyness on Madoka.
Yes, she did it for her sake, but she would never receive any thanks or reward from it, then she has no option but to resign to the consequences of her own desire. The resignation leads to the guilt or the dissatisfaction of a desire not thought in detail, mind Sayaka.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2011-01-27 at 19:24.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote