View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 21:21   Link #55
chikkychappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
Madhouse's episode was excellent. There was some filler, but it wasn't annoying. The fight was well made and liked the art, animation and effects. Nippon's fight wasn't that great. First on the fight and even though it's good, but that's it: Good. Not excellent, good. First problem was the darkness. It was too dark and I didn't like it and I talked about this before. I, the viewer, want to see what happens clearly. I don't want to watch darkness mixed with color splashes that makes it blurry. Again, what's with the obsession with the unnecessary darkness? They fight in a vast hall and it's a direct combat and it doesn't need to. What, they'll hide in the dark corners like what they did with Killua back in episode 11? And if you want it dark make it in a way that we can make what's going on and not pitch black!

The problem is again and I talked about it is the sound effects that always irritates me on how poor they are chosen and always ruin a big fight for me. Nippon's studio knows how pick soundtracks, but not sound effects. The art is excellent and now doubt about and it's natural since this is the final episode and they want to give it all what they have, but other than that it's not excellent. Madhouse gave us a superb fight with excellent animation and visuals as well as the other Phantom Troupe scenes.

9.5\10
[/SPOILER]
madhouse has way more filler = defends it and talks about his of "good execution"
nippon has way more filler = bash the filler and ignores all other aspects of execution

danchou vs zaoldyecks is one of the absolutely best scenes in the entire 1999 series while in this version it was crap, even just going by the usual madhouse standards.

Last edited by chikkychappy; 2012-10-21 at 21:51.
chikkychappy is offline   Reply With Quote