View Single Post
Old 2008-07-15, 12:56   Link #49
vspirit
...huh?

Just watched episode two and I've come to the conclusion that I'm not gonna draw anymore comparisons. It has its own unique style as far as I know and it stays very true to the manga so far.

Hmm...never did watch Mokke so can't draw any comparisons there. I probably looked it up at ANN at some point but something about it must have discouraged me from watching...I wonder what it was...I love most anything to do with folklore but I prefer it when it isn't over-dramatized and is true to the folklore it draws its source from. Something more subdued but not necessarily low-key. I suppose it's cos of that I didn't especially enjoy things like Shounen Onmyouji, Amatsuki and Ayakashi (both the Bones one and the one with the blue-haired protagonist). I'll probably still give Amatsuki an occasional watch though, whereas the others I've utterly and completely dropped not even 5 episodes in. Mokke...what about it again...*checks ANN* Oh...loli-ish protagonist. With an even loli-er little sister. Double whammy. No wonder. Ahaha. But I'd watch Natsume Yuujinchou even if the protagonist were Reiko. There's just something about her...(and the fact that she is nowhere near the realms of loli-ism).

Well, as to whether or not it'd be unforgettable, I'd say it'll be for those who are inclined towards things like this the way I am and to those who aren't, well, they'd ditch after the first couple or so episodes, I'd expect. Still doesn't change the fact that it's a beautiful piece of work in its own right.

Now if only Hyakkiyakou Shou would have an anime, too, preferably some time in the not-too-far future.
vspirit is offline   Reply With Quote