View Single Post
Old 2009-05-09, 00:13   Link #99
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Exactly, I am not saying I don't recognize her voice but I just feel the type of characters she voices are all a bit different.

Just compare Popo in Kaiba, Haraken in Dennou Coil, and Ed in FMA, all very different characters but she still pulls off these differences perfectly. Not to mention her female characters like Nana & Temari. Of course I am not saying all her characters sound different because when you voice so many different ones eventually you are going to have similarities but I still feel she has a pretty good range.

On another note I was re-watching episode 5 and I also noticed that Paku Romi's pronunciation of Al & Alphonse is almost perfect. Most of the seiyuu will add a vowel sound at the end but she gets them pretty close to the actual name pronunciation.
Well, if the basic character dynamics are the same, she'll pick the voice which she uses the most often for such roles. Unlike in the West, there are so many seiyuu that to stand out, it's often not your range that helps. It's how well you do a relatively limited range.

Many vet seiyuu do have range. I think there is a famous clip which has Ishida Akira doing 7 voices back to back.