View Single Post
Old 2010-12-12, 15:23   Link #1270
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

@ wingzerosnuggles: but who said that I'm hell-bent on anything? :s I'd love to change my mind about her, seeing as she has the basic traits of characters I usually love, I'm just saying what bothers me and why. And like I said, the problem I have with her lies mostly in her characterization on the show, not explicitly with her herself.
Sure, I have my issues with some things she did, but my biggest lament is just that the show itself lacks character development, and Relena, imho suffers among, if not THE most from it. it might be an issue of the time GW was made also though.

About Victoria: the dress and probably parts of society yes, but their medical care/technology, education, social interaction and upbringing not. It's not like Turn A, where earth society actually regressed. I see where you're coming from, but the comparison is not that good- I'm trying to think of a more modern example. Young, influential actresses maybe, due to a lack of princesses nowadays.

@ Elo the Blue: I know. I agree completely! To me, Treize&Co. were always the influential ones, but somehow, it seemed to me that someone in the staff was a die-hard Relena fangirl and desperately tried to overshadow that with disproportional Relena- love. Like trying too hard. And THAT'S my main gripe right there. Everything else related to her is fine. Annoying sometimes, out of line sometimes, but fine.
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote