View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 20:26   Link #97
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I was wondering, because plenty of harems these days have straightforward ends.
Furthermore, following the spoilers up to this point, I wasn't seeing any other end than a Masuzu one. This is considering I haven't even read up much on Chiwa's side, who should be the runner-up. So, my guess was that if Chiwa wasn't getting much romantic development, and everything seemed like biased on Masuzu, then the ending was rather obvious at this point.

But, then again, I'm simply going by the spoilers you've posted. That's why I was a bit surprised by those numbers, since they didn't really match the impression I had developed after reading your spoilers. So, now I feel like I'm missing something, because even your previous impressions were pretty much that of a Masuzu end.

Personally, I'd take a Chiwa, Hime, Ai, or even a Kouru end out over nowhere, over a No-End. I've always found those endings as uncompromising, lukewarm and non-satisfactory at all.

Isn't Ai getting her own manga?
Well, ever since the author of Oreimo did something in the second half of the series, something which I could not expect after reading the first 5 volumes, I've learned to be more conservative in my expectations. And recently, I just finished Mayoi Neko, and even though everything was pointing to a Fumino (main girl) end, it was an open end which disappoint me to no end. I'm not sure which harem story has a straightforward end, as I personally don't read too many love comedies (note that I don't consider series like Toradora and Sakurasou as harem). So all these made me conservative

But it doesn't change the fact that Masuzu has more screentime, more focal point than anyone else, and more relationship development with Eita than any girl.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote