View Single Post
Old 2013-11-23, 00:10   Link #1880
Team Rocket Elite

I initially thought Kakashi looked better this year but that seems to just be due to the multiway matches, Kakashi looks about the same this year as last year. That means Oreki is about the same as last year as well. Not much change for Hideyoshi or Hayate either. Keima might be a bit stronger than last year but nothing too huge. Yuuta seems to have fully recovered with a good showing on Yuzuru. That makes Yeager look even better that that is corroborated by Yeager's strong performance on Sadao. Sadao may be a top 10 charcter going out already. Yuuta may be as good as top 6 and he's gone. Touma is probably top 16 and he didn't even get this far. Some tough luck in the bracketing this year. Not a good performance by Lelouch here. Sorata wasn't that strong last year. Sorata may be stronger now but it would have to be by quite or bit for Lelouch to look like his usual self. Similarly, Kirito didn't do that well on Hinata. The former champions need to get their act together if they want to win another title.

Touhou results were more inline with what I would normally expect. Nothing really too crazy this time.

My knowledge on Summer characters is pretty weak since I haven't had time to watch a lot of the shows. It's hard to say if any of these characters are likely to be regular season material. I was hoping Tomoko would do better since she seemed to have some hype behind her but she does as badly as she did in her previous exhibition match. Same thing with Aya, although Aya won. It's nice to see Miyu did well. Considering Illyasviel isn't a super safe pick for making the regular season, it's hard to have too high expectations for Miyu's future. I'd be happy if she was strong, though. Dee Ensy Stratmitos might have some strength but not being able to easily put away a Kaminomi character isn't that good a sign. I'm probably being too negative but I do hope to see some good performances out of these characters.